As NYC startup lawyers, it’s our job to help build your startup — and make those hours pay off.
Have the next big idea? Tired of working for your boss — and ready to be the boss?
Excited to get your startup off the ground or take it to the next level with financing? Now could be the perfect time to venture out on your own. We’d love to hear from you. You are our people.
Launch your startup business with our experienced NYC Startup Lawyers
Our startup lawyers regularly advise entrepreneurs in the New York City area and beyond on a wide range of matters. This includes helping them select and implement the proper legal structure from which to launch their startup business, working towards an exit (sale) and everything in between. As entrepreneurs and NYC startup lawyers, we appreciate the fast-paced, around-the-clock schedule that may be required to take a project from the drawn-on-a-napkin idea stage to launch and beyond, and we will roll up our sleeves along with you every step of the way.
The Entrepreneur Start-up Package
Cohen Schneider LLP has structured a fixed-fee startup package focused on the immediate needs of startup ventures. The package lets you interface with our NYC startup lawyers and professional staff and will help launch your startup appropriately while keeping your budget in mind.
The package includes the following:
- A 90-minute powerful brainstorming and strategy session with our startup team of lawyers and specialists
- Preparation of the documents required to form your company in one state (e.g. New York, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts) and secure authority to do business in other states (as applicable)
- Assistance with compliance related to publishing requirements of your new entity (as applicable)
- Draft and execution of initial round of by-laws, resolutions and stock issuance in addition to creation of corporate record book
- Obtaining of Employer Identification/tax ID number
- Training on Compliance with New York State employer filings and insurance requirements (e.g. worker’s compensation, disability & unemployment insurance)
- Stock Agreements, Consent of Board Members and Election of Members
- Basic package of Employment Offer Letters, Confidentially Arrangements, Non-Solicitation, Non-disclosure & Assignment of Invention agreements
- Five (5) additional hours of legal time for consultations on other matters (e.g. review and negotiation of service agreements, etc.)
A new business venture can be an exciting time and we want to make sure that there are no unexpected complications that could negatively impact the launch of your startup business. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or to schedule a consultation with one of our NYC Startup Lawyer.